Either someone at the Auto Show made a mistake, or I'm really a novice car blogger now. Either way, I'm now on a list of invited bloggers to the New York International Auto Show. I just got my red press pass to go along with a red Hyundai lanyard, to show off my Hyundai pride.
I will be blogging both press days of the NYIAS on Wednesday April 20th and Thursday April 21st.
Live blogging probably won't be possible, but I expect to have posts and pictures up at the end of each day.
The press days at the New York auto show are fun. Cars on the floor are usually left unlocked and unobstructed, including some of the pre-production models. I will be doing a rundown of what's new and exciting for each manufacturer. If I see a car worth getting excited about, I will do a 'hands on' review. Expect some feedback for the following cars released over the last 12 months:
- The bigger, heavier, controversial Lotus models
- The big new Ford Explorer
- The European Ford Focus finally in the USA
- Fifth generation Hyndai Elantra
- Hyundai's new FWD sports coupe, the Veloster
- Some more face time with the Nissan Juke
- BMW X3, now made in the USA
- BMW 5 Gran Turismo, my favorite new German sedan
- Fourth generation Subaru Impreza sedan and hatchback